Management Skills Courses
Drug & Alcohol (D&A) Awareness
This course offers a comprehensive, bespoke support package enabling organisations to comply with The Home Office’s National Workplace Initiative on D&A Awareness, health & safety (H&S) legislation and EU directives, including the provision of bespoke policies to help tackle D&A issues in the workplace.
D&A misuse is not specific to any sex, age group or status.
- Staff under the influence only achieve 67% of their work potential
- 75% of alcohol dependants are also employees
- 1 in 9 adults has a drink problem
- Drug mis-users are 3.5 times more likely to injure themselves or someone else at work
- It’s estimated that 30% of drug mis-users are in full or part-time employment
The aim of this course is to
- Protect your company and staff from litigation
- Prevent alcohol and drug problems
- Help identify problems at an early stage
- Help recognise D&A problems as medical conditions
- Set out clear guidelines for dealing with staff suspected of having D&A problems
- Show how staff can be reintroduced into the workforce as productive employees
- Satisfy H&S legislation
General staff, Supervisors and middle managers, senior management, specialist staff (HR / Occupational Health), Union representatives or anyone to whom D&A awareness may be of help in the workplace.
Back to courses menu